Thursday, June 28, 2012

Making Progress (Our House)

Before David and I got married we had talked about buying a house so that when we started our life together we could start in a place that was ours -- somewhere that we could eventually start a family. We always talked liked it wouldn't happen until closer to the wedding, but then we found a house that both of us fell in love with ... and the ball started rolling sooner then we could have imagined. We closed on the house April 30th and I moved in mid-May. I've moved in first while David continues to live with his parents. After the wedding is when he'll move in.

I've never moved an entire house before. I've always lived in apartments and therefore have only had enough stuff for an apartment. During the move into the house we pulled all of David's boxes out of storage from when he lived in his condo in Murfreesboro and then we added in my stuff. Needless to say we had a lot of stuff -- and a lot of doubles of things. We kept the stuff that was the niciest and put the rest in boxes to go into a garage sale.

Besides all the stuff that needed to be unpacked we were also going to buy a new bedroom set for our Master. FINALLY today it came in. It's a King Bed with matching nightsides for both of us and then a dresser w/mirror and chest.


I only have a King sheet set -- no comforter yet


The master bedroom finally looks like a room and not a hodge podge of plastic bins and a random twin bed. Along with getting the master bedroom set I was finally able to move the twin into the guest room and arrange all the furniture in there.


I actually really REALLY like this room and the way it turned out. I was worried that the colors wouldn't work together, but I think it's not half bad.

And then finally we got the rug that finishes off the living room. We had been looking around for something that we not only liked but wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg. It's amazing how expensive those things can be. Then we found it -- and for half the cost of other places!!


It's a great feeling to finally have the house coming together. There's still a lot more that needs to be done especially when it comes to the yard, but the house is finally starting to resemble a home. And it's getting so close. Today marks 4 months till to the wedding!

1 comment:

  1. Dang girl, I'm jealous of the king size bed. We had one on our honeymoon and it was such a downer to downsize (no pun intended) to a queen. Now when we sleep on a king anywhere I'm like, "SPACE!!!"

    P.S. - can you turn off the spam catcher? I can never read them correctly.

    ReplyDelete