Tuesday, May 28, 2013

7 Months -- But Finally Together

Today David and I have been married for 7 months. During that time a lot of stuff has happened. I dare to say more then the average marriage. We've had a family member battle cancer, a family member pass away, a friend take their life, and the most important a big job change.

About a month and a half ago David separated from his job with the school system. It was a good paying job with good benefits -- but in reality it was taking a toll on his happiness and ultimately our happiness. My schedule with the TV station is not your normal schedule. I am completely unavailable during the weekend hours and they only time I'm home is when I'm asleep or eating breakfast. David's job was a normal Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm position. So basically except for when we were sleeping we had about 4 hours each night (20 hours a week) to spend time together. I'm sorry, but out of the 168 hours available through the week only 20 together is terrible. We kept telling ourselves that other couples have overcome more then us and we'd be able to work through it.

Now with his new job we get to spend much more time together. He still has to work on my days off but most of it is done from home. So even when he is working he's in the house with me and I have the ability to go up and talk to him or have lunch with him. It's definitely more of the marriage I imaged. Having actual days off together and the ability to go ride bikes, visit parks and do other things together.

No comments:

Post a Comment