Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Celebrating The New Year -- Hello 2013

Unlike 2011/2012, I had to work the New Years Holiday this year. Thankfully, it was the first time it wasn't an overnight shift. So even though I produced the 10pm news I was able to jet down to Franklin to be with David and his friends and ring in the New Year together.

New Years use to be a blahhhh holiday for me.

Reason #1: It always seems so bitter sweet. You go to parties and countdown 10, 9, 8, 7 ... only to be in just another year. Kind of a let down. Sure it's the dream of possibilities and a new start but if I'm gonna hold a party and countdown I want something exciting to happen. Like winning the lottery.

Reason #2: Everyone (mostly TV & movies) makes a big deal about having someone to kiss at midnight. And I never had that ...............until last year!

New Years Day 2012 was the day David proposed to me. Since I was off work we decided to go to Atlanta and spend a long weekend together. Little did I know he had packed a ring and was going to ask me right after midnight. We did the whole "downtown Atlanta" scene on New Years Eve and watched the peach drop at midnight, after we got back to our hotel room was when he got down and asked me. It was a complete surprise.

This New Years wasn't as dramatic, but it was just as special. I love having David by my side and being able to celebrate holidays together. We may not get to see each a lot because of my work schedule, but I resolve this year to make the most of the little time we do have. I don't want to take a single moment for granted.

I know 2013 is going to be a year of big dreams. 2012 was about David and I putting together the building blocks of what is our new family. This year will be about developing those building blocks and working hard to make things better for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment