Thursday, December 20, 2012

5 Things I've Learned - #5

We are 5 days away from Christmas! Can you believe it!! Anyways, I can never think of things to post here so I thought I would start talking about the 5 things I've learned since being married. No, I am not saying I am a marriage know-it-all .... in fact if these posts show anything it's that I had no idea what I was getting myself into. LOL!

#5
No matter what, every single toilet in the house will get dirty 5x times faster then when I lived by myself.
I didn't have any brothers growing up -- but I did have a dad and if there's one thing I knew about guys before getting married was that when they use the bathroom they will disappear for a good 10-15 minutes. I remember many a trips to the movie theater or mall with my dad and having to wait outside for what seemed like forever for him to get finished. Well ... it hasn't stopped. Now I'm stuck waiting for my husband. I guess it's punishment for all the time us women make men wait when we are shopping at a store.

Anyways, back to the cleaning. I'm probably a terrible house-wife but I've never stuck to a schedule that required me to clean once a week or even once every other week. I'm the type of person that if it looks dirty THEN I will clean it. Whether that's every other day or once a month. So when I lived by myself it was more like once a month when it came to cleaning the toilet. Now that I'm married it's at least once a week. AT LEAST!

I'm still very lucky that my husband is a clean person -- probably cleaner then me. He puts away his dishes, his clothes, and other stuff. So don't misunderstand me. I'm not complaining about my husband. It's just one of the things I've noticed.

For my married readers? What's something you find yourself having to clean up after your husband?

1 comment:

  1. In David's defense, in the job that I am in, I can honestly say that women are MUCH messier in the bathroom than men are!!!

    ReplyDelete