Monday, January 7, 2013

Finally ... House is Almost Complete


A while back I posted pictures of the new house and talked about how the dining room has become more of a collecting spot then a real dining room. While we were unpacking stuff it became the room that all the unknown boxes went, and while we were getting married it became the room that all the wedding gifts were stashed. Even now that we've been married over 2 months it still has random gifts and boxes from both events. Our goal is to ultimately make it an entertaining/game room for when we have people over, but it hasn't been a top priority.

Then the other day we were at Costco walking around when I spotted THE TABLE. I called for David and showed it to him and we instantly knew it would be perfect. It wasn't too expensive and thanks to a nice good-bye present from the former owner's of my work place we had a little bit of money sitting around. So we went ahead and purchased ... but did we know what we were getting into??

The table came in 4 boxes. One with the table and three with the chairs. Everything had to be assembled by us. Let me tell you the boxes were heavy and I'm pretty sure we looked like fools as we tried to load everything up into the SUV. We had to tie down another purchase to the roof cause there was simply not enough room in the SUV anyone.

Once that was complete we then had to get the suckers home and IN THE HOUSE!! A mini workout.
The biggest box being unpacked
David getting the bottom support screwed together
Did I mention all the packing material? The way they pack stuff now-a-day has tons of cardboard and plastic wrapping. It was a mess, but Liam the cat didn't seem to mind.
Having too much fun!
Hours later, despite one injury and a wobbly chair that had to be worked on over and over the table finally got finished. It looks great! So excited to finally put it to use. Now I just have to find the time to get rid of the last few unknown boxes stashed in the corner.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great, Sam! Last time I was in that room I was loading wedding presents into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were using your bonus to pay off your student loans?

    Gray is well versed in the art of putting together furniture.

    Oh and can you please turn off the capctha on comments? It's very annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still had some left over and the table was that good of a deal that we had enough to cover it.

      Delete
  3. Kimberly Ealey NolandJanuary 8, 2013 at 7:25 AM

    Hey I was married for 4 years before I picked out a dinning room table and now the table is almost too big for the apartment we are living in now lol!!! I love yours it fits great in that room

    ReplyDelete